Industry Institute Interaction Cell
About the department
To improve the quality of technical education adequately to meet the needs of the Industry, society and economy. Technical education system should operate at optimum efficiency and should produce good quality engineers’ who will deliver quality product to employers. To optimize the deployment of physical and human resources of Institutions and Industries in the pursuit of development of technical manpower & to enlist participation of industry in technical education programmes, with a view to have better interaction between Industries and Institute, SEC has started Industry Institute Interaction Cell (IIIC).
Dr. K. Seshacharyulu
Associate Professor & Head
To make Sphoorthy Engineering College a hub for the exchange of the best talents from industry and academia.
Sphoorthy Engineering College to be a Centre of Excellence for Research & Consultancy in constant collaboration with industry. To make our students employment ready by enhancing their skills in par with industry requirement.
- To design and implement educational programs which are consistent with the major requirements of the industry and which can give rise to engineering personnel capable of coping-up with the pace of the technological development.
- To create adequate facilities of updating knowledge of professional engineers and technologists to meet growth and developmental needs of the industry.
- To coordinate the research and developmental activities.
- To bridge the gap between Industry and Institute
- To share the experience and expertise between Institutions and Industry for mutual benefit
- To organize workshops, conferences and symposia with joint participation of the faculty and industries
- To foster research work and develop laboratories, discussions and delivering lecturers on Industrial Practices, Trends and experiences.
- To encourage engineers from Industry to the Institute to share their real time experience
STRATEGY TO BE ADOPTED
- NExchange of experts between the institute and industry
- NInvolvement of teaching staff in industry
- NInstitute as a consultant in R&D
- NSeminars/ workshops on entrepreneurial awareness & skill developments
- NReorientation of curriculum
- NInstitute to gain confidence of industry
- NInstitutes self-reliance in finances
- NContinuing education program in demand to Industry